What is MIS?
What the MIS major is:
- Branch of business that deals with the technology side of a business
- Essentially, we use technology to help businesses succeed
- Career paths for MIS Graduates include:
- Business Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Web/Systems/Software Developer
- IT Development Project Management
- Many more!
- Many of these positions have potential for a six figure salary and the job market is booming!
What MISA is and what we do:
- MISA is an organization that connects students to companies in our field; we offer a glimpse of what's out there for a MIS major.
- We invite various professionals within our field to present to our members the possibilities of a career in MIS.
- Many companies recruit students from Sac State majoring in MIS.
- Our main goal is to help members get involved and network to help build a successful future after they graduate.
- Must be good at computers
- Your job will be too technical
- Only for computer nerds
· Networking opportunities:
- Get to know the students and faculty that can help you understand all aspects about the major.
- Meet people in the IT field and build your professional network.
- Get to see professionals from various companies and establish a connection that may lead to a step-up in the job market.
· Leadership skills:
- We offer leadership opportunities that allow you to step out of your comfort zone and get involved.
- In this competitive job market, simply becoming a MISA leader could get you that small step above someone else for the job.
· Enhanced knowledge and experience:
- Learn about different positions offered in the IT field.
- MISA can help you learn more about the major and the companies that specialize in it.
· Social networking:
- Get to know the other students of the major with MISA social events.
· Personal Benefits:
- Dreamspark Access, which is free access to many of Microsoft's software that would normally cost money
- MISA T-shirt
- MISA Stole for graduating members
- Employment & Intern opportunities
- Fee $40 ($20 if you are enrolled in MIS 15)
- Due date: 9/25/19
- Must be paid in cash or check during a general or IT meeting.
How to join?
- Click here to visit our page on Hornet Hub.
- Click the join button.
- After being prompted to sign in with your Sac State account, you will be an official member!
- Deliver semester dues to the treasurer by the 9/25/19.
- Show up to our meetings, you are always welcome, it is that easy.